1. Connect a monitor and keyboard to the back of the Bandura Cyber ThreatBlockr unit via the VGA and USB ports (Or refer to our article to Connect to the Serial Port).
2. A login prompt will appear on the screen. The default username is security_admin and the default password is admin.
3. Press 1 and Enter to activate Maintenance Mode. Confirm by typing yes, then wait while the Bandura Cyber ThreatBlockr enters Maintenance Mode. NOTE: Entering Maintenance Mode will temporarily disable the filtering bridging pair and then set them in bypass. As this can briefly interrupt your network, be careful doing this if the unit is still in-line the network.
4. You will now have the option to 1) Reset Admin Account or 2) Reset Administration Interface. Resetting the Admin Account will return the username to 'admin' and the password to 'admin'. Resetting the Administration Interface will return the IP to 192.168.1.1/24. Make the selection you want by inputting the corresponding number, then press enter. Confirm your selection by typing yes. Selecting 3) Reset Configuration will return the Bandura Cyber ThreatBlockr to its factory presets including setting the administration console back to its default IP address of 192.168.1.1/24. This option should never be needed, except in special circumstances.
5. Once you are finished, the Bandura Cyber ThreatBlockr will need to be rebooted. Press 5 to select reboot from the menu, confirm by typing yes, and allow the unit to reboot.
If you are not finding the information you need in this how-to or have a question that you would like answered directly, we are more than happy to assist. Feel free to send us an email or call our support line. We always have an open ear to suggestions and feedback, so please use the community channels to share your thoughts about our products or services.